The Activities Specialist position is a 40 hour per week position from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. The Activities Specialist supports people with a developmental disability in a Day Habilitation setting. This position involves working on arts & crafts projects, cooking, and other fun activities within the program and the community at large. The Activities Specialist also provides transportation and assistance with personal hygeine frequently.
This position involves frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of up to 50 pounds.
1. Assist in developing individualized service plans.
2. Implement all service and behavior plans.
3. Review and complete all required documentation.
4. Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety and well being of all individuals.
5. Implement activities that facilitate the development of valued roles and personal relationships in the community.
6. Assist individuals to access/or provide transportation.
7. Assist individuals with personal care.
8. Participate in team meetings, supervisions and other assigned meetings.
9. Ensure cleanliness and safety of the physical site.
10. Communicate pertinent information to stakeholders.
11. Acquire and maintain all required certifications.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED valid Driver's License for minimum of 3 years along with clean driver history and drug test required. Minimum of 2 years experience working with developmentally disabled individuals and BA Degree preferred.